Ann Marie's Style: This awkward thing called FUTURE.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This awkward thing called FUTURE.

"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there"- Charles F. Kettering.





Don't get me wrong, I'm not really going to talk here about how I've figure it out mine. I haven't neither. It's just that today I realized that I'm always... and when I say always is ALWAYS... thinking about it. I recently got to my 22 year old birthday, I just ended my bachelor degree in journalism and well... here I'm ... not knowing what's going on, lol, and I know I'm not the only one.

When you're at High school, or even in college, you don't really worry too much about the future. Yes, you think about it... sometimes... but it's not something that actually keeps you constantly amused.

In school you know that according to pass your signatures you need to study and make great projects. You have rules to follow. Steps. They tell you you need to follow these or those rules and you'll have great results and everything will be ok. But what about now? There are no steps or rules or a verified method to succeed. Isn't it scary?? YES IT IS.

"But just follow what others are doing!!"(read with annoying voice) some would say ... umm something like Get a job.... meet a guy... keep working... marry... keep working... have a family... work even freaking more and then die?

 Well  I'm not quite sure (feeling like a lady) if I want it to be that boring you know?... For now I'm just gonna say I'm making a plan (aww god yesss a plan) and lets see what happens. I'll keep you updated.


"Mi interés está en el futuro, porque ahí es donde pasaré el resto de mi vida" - Charles F. Kettering
  

No me malinterpreten, no es que realmente vaya a hablar aquí de cómo descifré el mío. Yo tampoco lo he logrado. Es tan sólo, que hoy me di cuenta de que siempre estoy ... y cuando digo siempre es SIEMPRE ... pensando en ello. Hace poco llegue hasta mi cumpleaños número 22, acabo de terminar mi bachillerato en periodismo y aun así ... aquí estoy ... sin saber lo que está pasando, haha, y yo sé que no soy la única.

Cuando estás en la escuela secundaria, o incluso en la universidad, realmente no te preocupas demasiado por el futuro. Sí, se piensa en ello ... a veces ... pero no es algo que realmente te mantiene constantemente preocupado.

En la escuela se sabe que para aprobar las materias se necesita estudiar y hacer grandes proyectos. Se tienen reglas a seguir. Pasos. Ellos te dicen que reglas seguir, y te garantizan que si las sigues tendrás grandes resultados y todo estará bien. Pero ¿Y ahora? No hay pasos o reglas o un método comprobado para tener éxito. ¿No es aterrador? Sí... lo es.

"Pero sólo tienes que seguir lo que los demás están haciendo!" (Léase con voz molesta) dirían algunos ... umm algo así como obtener un trabajo .... conocer a un chico ... seguir trabajando ... casarse con ... seguir trabajando ... tener una familia ... trabajar aún mas y luego morir?

  Bueno, yo no estoy muy segura de querer que sea tan aburrido ¿sabes? ... Por ahora sólo voy a decir que estoy haciendo un plan (aww dios siii! un plan) y vamos a ver qué pasa. Les mantendré informados.


Pictures from Vogue Spain. I do not own the pictures on this blog instead stated otherwise.

No comments: